Recipe by MadCatKim
Pork, when cooked to perfection, is my favorite meat. I started serving this dish last fall when apples were being harvested and it was a huge hit. I like granny smith but many others will do just fine. Some people like to eat the apples with the pork. I prefer them just to flavor the meat and sauce.
- 2 -3 lbs pork loin
- coarse black pepper, freshly ground
- 6 apples, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3⁄4 cup peach jam
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub pork loin with pepper and salt to taste.
- Brown sides in frying pan.
- Line apples on the bottom of a crockpot.
- Lay pork loin on top of apples.
- Whisk the remaining ingredients together and pour over pork loin and apples.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- *Note:I use Livingston's Chablis Blanc which is about$4.00 a bottle in the grocery store. However, Beringer's Chenin Blanc or a nice German white wine (like Reisling) would be lovely as well.
- **Note:I use my mom's homemade peach jam. If you use plain peach jam be sure to add 1/2 tsp cinnamon and a pinch of ground clove for a wonderful flavor.