Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A 3-step main dish in itself or goes in my "Sunday Sauce with Meatballs, Sausages, and Pork Chops."
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 slices american bread, soaked in a
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 hamburger buns with sesame seeds
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups tomato sauce, warmed (I use my Fresh Tomato Sauce recipe, but canned works too!)
- In a medium bowl, mix the ground beef, bread, onions, parsley, eggs, cheese, and garlic.
- Add salt and pepper to taste; If the mixture is dry, add ½ cup of cold water and mix well. Form into about 12 meatballs.
- Place the meatballs in a sauté pan with the olive oil and fry over medium to high heat until brown, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Thank you for the recipe, taste delicious!
I made these today for the meat eaters in the house, and the reviews are in - they love them! I chose this reci pe because it was so easy and used all fresh ingredients. I fried them and then left them in sauce to simmer away. They're very moist and didn't fall apart. I used our usual whole grain bread instead of American, which I'm assuming means white, but not sure. I only had 1 lb of beef so I only used 1 egg, but left the rest the same - still got 12 decent sized meatballs from it. Thanks for the recipe!