Recipe by Sherrybeth
My GREAT GREAT Aunt Vera brought her "famous" baked beans to every family function we had for over 40 years. My whole family has adopted her recipe.
- 3 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1 lb bacon
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon until crisp; cool and crumble.
- Sauté onion in the bacon drippings.
- In a large bowl, combine the pork and beans, bacon, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, sautéed onion and brown sugar and mix well.
- Pour into a large casserole dish and bake for 1 hour at 300°F.