Recipe by Sarah Taylor
Hadn't ever cooked with aubergine & discovered a delicious easy mousakka & thought I'd play around with the idea of aubergine with my fav flavour of Mozzarella & tomato, the garlic is a real bonus!
Top Review by *Parsley*
I enjoyed these eggplant little stacks. They make a pretty presentation, too. I only cooked mine for about 10 minutes, so the eggplant slices wouldn't be too soft. The fresh basil is a must - don't skip it! Thanx!
- 2 large aubergines
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- mozzarella cheese
- vine tomatoes
- 2 cloves crushed garlic (optional)
- fresh basil (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut aubergine into rings 5cm thick.
- Place in roasting dish.
- Brush with half oil& shake over half salt.
- Place sliced tomatoes on each, then sliced mozzarella.
- Sprinkle top with remainder salt, olive oil, pepper& garlic.
- Bake for 20 minutes on 200°C.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil& serve.