Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is really good quick bread, and it's pretty healthy, with lots of oatmeal, and whole wheat. I sometimes like to add cinnamon- it adds some flavor and tastes really good!
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs one at a time beating after each one.
- Add yogurt, bananas, and vanilla and beat.
- Add flour, salt, and baking soda- beat just until mixed- not too much.
- Add quick oats and pecans and stir with a spoon.
- Pour into bread pan and bake for about 1 hour.
Good for a healthy recipe. Moist and I like the consistency the oatmeal gives it.
I just finished baking this loaf and it is very good. I follwed the recipe exactly and it came out moist and delicious. I made it into 2 loaves (1 larger and 1 mini), so I could taste it, as I was baking it for a friend who recently came home from the hospital. (I didn't want to give something that I hadn't tried.) Loved it, will make it again. Loved the low fat, the addition of oats, whole wheat flour and yogurt...a new healthier twist on an old school recipe. Thanks Ashley.
We loved this!!! I didn't have plain yogurt so I used fruit yogurt and skipped the sugar (just used the brown sugar), otherwise followed the recipe as is. My family devoured this in one sitting. Love how healthy and delicious it is.