Prep 30 mins
Cook 17 mins
This recipe was adapted from the "Just Add Water" cookbook by Lauren Chattman. I love risotto but really don't like the clean up! This recipe is foolproof and tastes amazing. My husband and I have already started dreaming up new combinations for this quick and easy dinner. Enjoy!
FOR THE CHICKEN MARINADE
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml sea salt
- 1.23 ml red pepper flakes
- 1.23 ml dried rosemary
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 1.23 ml lemon pepper
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
FOR THE RICE
- 2838.0 ml water
- 354.88 ml arborio rice, also known as risotto
- 4.92 ml salt
- 236.59 ml mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, shredded
- 14.79 ml unsalted butter
- 473.18 ml baby arugula
- 236.59 ml mushroom, sliced
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- black pepper
- Combine all ingredients for the the marinade in a bowl. Add chicken. Pierce with fork and thoroughly cover the chicken. Cover and set aside for at least 30 minutes.
- Bring the water to a boil in a large sauce pan. Add the rice and salt. Bring back to boil and continue to boil, stirring occasionally, until the rice in tender, 15-17 minutes.
- In a small frying pan, heat up olive oil. Saute mushrooms until tender and set aside.
- Grill the chicken.
- Drain the rice in a colander and put back into the hot pot. Stir in the cheeses, butter, arugula, and mushrooms.
- Slice the chicken breasts diagonally in half to make four pieces.
- Immediately divide the risotto among four plates and place the chicken on top of the risotto.
- Add black pepper to taste.
This was delicious. The two different cheeses added a very nice addition to the risotto. It's too cold outside for outdoor grilling, so I baked the chicken breasts using the marinade as listed. I will definitely make this again, though next time I think I might try spinach in place of the arugula (only because everyone in my family loves spinach but only moderately tolerates arugula). I made this for PAC Fall '08. Yum!