1/6 Photos of April Fools' Day Meatloaf "cake"
LB in Middle Georgia's Note:
I got this recipe form Cokingvilage.com they used plain white mashed potatoes; I thought that it needed to be pink. The family had a hard time because there brain was saying cake but the mouth was saying meatloaf and mashed potatoes. This was a lot of fun for April fool’s Day
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2/3 cup sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and patted dry
- 3 1/2 cups hot mashed potatoes
- 8 cherry tomatoes, stems removed
- 1Preparing the Meat Loaf.
- 21. Preheat oven to 375°F In a large bowl, combine ground beef, eggs, bread crumbs, green onions, milk, parsley, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper just until blended.
- 32. Divide mixture between two 8-inch round cake pans, patting to cover pans evenly and make level.
- 43. Bake meat loaves until juices run clear when meat is pierced with a fork, or meat loaves register 170F on a meat thermometer, 20–25 minutes. Remove pans from the oven; cover loosely with foil and let stand for 10 minutes.
- 5Decorating the Meat Loaf.
- 61. Pour off juices from pans. Invert 1 meat loaf onto a flat serving plate. Using a small sharp knife, trim red peppers so that they lie flat. Cover top of meat loaf with a single layer of roasted red peppers.
- 72. Invert second meat loaf onto red pepper layer. Using a spatula, spread 2 1/2 cups mashed potatoes over top and sides of meat loaf. Spoon remaining potatoes into a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe swirls around top edges of cake. Pipe stars around bottom of cake.
- 83. Place cherry tomatoes, stem-ends down, in a ring around top of meat loaf "cake" to resemble cherries. Cut meat loaf into wedges; serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for April Fools' Day Meatloaf "cake"
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 385.9
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 147.4 mg
- Sodium 1404.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 29.9 g