Recipe by ciao
Another entry for the "I got home late, but still want a great meal" category. You can make this faster than it would take to go out and get take-out. And it's delicious. This one is for 2, but can very easily be doubled.
- 1⁄2 lb boneless chicken, cut into strips
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked couscous
Directions See How It's Made
- (To finely chop the apricots, spray kitchen shears with non stick spray, and snip them into small pieces.) Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat, add chicken and cook for about 4 minutes or until just done.
- Don't overcook, you don't want chewy chicken.
- Combine preserves and vinegar in a bowl, then add the cooked chicken.
- Add the broth to the pan, scraping up the good stuff on the bottom, add the apricots.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover, simmer 2 minutes.
- Stir in couscous, top with chicken mixture.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork, and serve.