Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have not tried this yet, but the picture in the cookbook looked like it would be really good. It's from the Favorite Brand Names Cookbook and sounds like it would be really easy to make.
- 1 (13 3/4 fluid ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 cup herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1⁄3 cup chopped apple
- 1⁄4 cup seedless raisin
- 2 whole boneless chicken breasts, split and pounded (about 1 lb)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- In saucepan, over medium-high heat, heat 1/3 c chicken broth and 2 tbsp margarine until margarine melts. Stir in stuffing mix, apple and raisins; mix well.
- Divide mixture evenly among 4 chicken pieces. Roll up; secure with toothpicks.
- In skillet, over medium-high heat, melt remaining margarine. Brown chicken on all sides; remove.
- Blend flour and tarragon into margarine in skillet. Gradually add remaining broth, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and boils. Return chicken to skillet; reduce heat.
- Cover; simmer 20 minutes or until done.
I used to make this years ago when thebook came out. So good and very easy. Looks very elegant.
Delish! The recipe is forgiving in the amount of ingredients you can use. thanks!