Recipe by Mary_K
This recipe came from a low-cal cook book. It surprisingly moist and flavorful! I have served it with a whipped cinnamon butter for those that aren't concerned with being healthy. I've also served it with light whipped cream as low-fat dessert. Try it!
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 small apples (1 1/4 c. finely chopped & unpeeled)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
- Beat the egg, egg white, brown sugar, honey, and oil with an electric mixer set at medium until smooth.
- Add the buttermilk and beat again.
- Stir the flour and apples into the batter by hand just until combined.
- Scrape batter into a 9x5-inch loaf pan coated with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the bread in the pan set on a wire rack for about 10 minutes.
- Turn our onto a wire rack and cool completely.