Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Remembered as a staple of childhood snacking everywhere, this party mix, created by the Almond Board of California offers a nutritious spin. Packed with tasty ingredients like almond butter, dried cranberries and dark chocolate, this mix will give you (and your loved ones) the perfect boost of energy.
- 3 cups multi-grain cereal (Chex squares )
- 3 cups Fiber One cereal
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup almond butter
- 1⁄2 cup enriched margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup almond flour
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Line a large sheet pan with waxed paper. Place cereal and dried cranberries in a large resealable plastic bag. In a microwavable bowl, add chocolate chips, almond butter and margarine. Microwave on High heat, uncovered, for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds; remove and stir until smooth. Pour chocolate mixture into plastic bag, seal and shake to coat evenly. Add almond flour, sliced almonds and confectioners' sugar. Reseal and shake to coat. Spread mixture on waxed paper and cool completely. Refrigerate in an airtight container; mix can be stored for up to 1 week.