Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 lb angel hair pasta or 1 lb thin spaghetti, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup soft goat cheese or 1⁄2 cup herb cheese spread
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth
- 6 cups loosely packed finely shredded spinach (or a mixture of spinach and arugula)
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 3 cups thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced fresh chives or 1⁄4 cup dried chives
- Whisk the cheese, skim milk and basil in a small bowl until smooth.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, drain thoroughly.
- Heat the chicken broth in the pot over medium heat to simmering.
- Add the mushrooms and simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes.
- Add the peas, goat cheese mixture and pasta and toss to coat until the cheese is melted and the pasta is coated with the sauce.
- Stem the spinach and/or arugula.
- Wash the greens in several changes of cool water to remove all dirt.
- Drain the greens well, preferably in a salad spinner.
- Stack several leaves and cut the crosswise into thin strips.
- Fold in the spinach.
- Check the seasoning and divide the pasta among serving dishes, sprinkle each with chives and serve.
Very good! I used vegetable broth and like the other reviewer used just 1 cup. The sauce was still a bit thin for my taste but it went over very well in my house. Delish!
This was an easy to prepare dinner. I didn't have any mushrooms at home and added hot lemon chicken sausages, fried and crumbled. I used only 1 cup chicken broth so that the sauce would not be as thin. We also crumbled feta cheese on top. It was delicious.
We really liked the fresh texture and flavours of the vegetables in this dish. I used Barilla Spaghetti #5, baby peas, baby spinach leaves, Boursin cheese and vegetable stock, but otherwise followed the recipe. I also added a litle sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper. The sauce was thin - more like a broth - but it coated the pasta nicely. Next time I'll stir fry the mushrooms in a little light olive oil before adding the broth.