1/5 Photos of Alton Brown's White Trash
Alton once posted this on his website and said that he always cranks out a bushel or two of it during the holidays. He also said "Dole this stuff out carefully. It is highly habit forming." I totally agree and for this reason have no earthly idea how many servings it makes! Depends on how much you can eat! LOL Especially good to anyone who likes the salty-sweet combination. Cooking time is cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 828.06 ml Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 709.77 ml Rice Chex
- 709.77 ml Corn Chex
- 453.59 g M&M's plain chocolate candy
- 591.47 ml salted mixed nuts
- 473.18 ml small pretzels
- 2 (623.68 g) package white chocolate chips (Ghirardelli brand preferred)
- 1Dump the cereals, M&Ms, nuts & pretzels in a large bowl.
- 2Melt the white chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler. Melt very slowly, stirring occasionally, being careful not to burn the chocolate.
- 3Dump melted chocolate over the rest of the ingredients and fold over and over until you have well-coated hunks and chunks.
- 4Spread the whole mess out on parchment paper and set in a cool place until it sets up, then break it into pieces.
- 5Store in zip-top bags or air-tight containers.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alton Brown's White Trash
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 343.2
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 7.7 mg
- Sodium 199.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 27.6 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: