Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My best friend's fav. Great on a hot day.
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 lb seedless grapes
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; toss until well mixed.
- Serve on lettuce leaves, if desired.
This was my lunch. This was very light and refreshing. I love chicken-fruit salads and this one delivered for me. Nice and crunchy. The pecans are an asset. This is very simple and delicious. I did not feel the need to add any additonal seasonings or spices. Thanks Nurse Di.
A very refreshing, tasty chicken salad. I think adding some toasted coconut would give it an even better island flavor. Thanks for posting!
Chicken salad is always a hit with my family. I tried this one out on them and we all loved it. The fruits give it a tropical flavor. I used low-fat mayo to decrease the calories and it tasted fine. I did as you suggested and served on lettuce leaves. Colorful and delicious. Thanks Nurse Di.