Recipe by Dedee Royale
This is a creamy fudge with coconut and almonds that's easy for the beginner. I brought it to my sons'for Thanksgiving to top off the "turkey dinner" and it was a huge hit.
Top Review by Sabia
I can't rate this one just yet because it didn't turn out when I made it. I forgot to factor in that I'm at high altitude. So just a note to others, keep that in mind. When searching for information on how to cook fudge at high altitude I found this important point: Boil fudge to a 224-230 degree temperature. (probably instead of the 4 minutes) When tested in cold water it should form a soft ball - can be picked up but flattens. Hope this helps.
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 whole almonds, for the top
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend together in a stainless saucepan the first five ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil for 4 minutes being careful not to let the mixture scorch the bottom of pan.
- Remove from heat and add chips, coconut, vanilla and almond extract, and chopped almonds.
- Blend thoroughly with rubber spatula.
- Pour into a foil lined 8x8 pan.
- Sprinkle more coconut on top and press into fudge then top with whole almonds.
- Chill in refrigerator till firm, about 2 hours.
- Cut into bite size pieces.