Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
A tangy way to dress up a cup of applesauce! (Note: cook time is amount of time you may need to heat pineapple juice in microwave, depending on your model...Time may be less...)
- 1 (6 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup hot pineapple juice
- 1 cup 7-Up soda (Sprite, Sierra Mist, Lemon-Lime soda)
- 1 cup applesauce
- Dissolve jello in hot pineapple juice.
- Add 7-Up and applesauce; mix.
- Pour in 3-cup mold.
- Chill until set.
- When ready to serve,unmold on serving plate.
- Note: A thin layer of cooking spray on the mold will help the jello unmold easily.
This is very good!! The ingredients come together really well. The lime jello taste is a little on the strong side but that's okay. I am sure if you didn't want as strong of a taste you coulad add a little bit more pineapple juice and it would still set up fine and be just as tasty. This is very easy to make. I did not put it in a jello mold. I used a regular serving dish. I will be making this again. I think it would be good with a little bit of whipped cream on top.