Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A must try! There are tons of recipes for baked beans but these will really stand out and how great...they freeze beautifully! I call them 3 way because you can really use any 3 kinds of beans you like. AND once combined you have 3 options to choose what to do with them. I adapted this recipe to suit my family and the freezer. The original is from Beyond Macaroni and Cheese.
- 1 lb turkey, ground
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cups great northern beans
- 2 cups kidney beans
- 2 cups pinto beans
- 2 cups honey barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- Brown meat and onion together.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- At this point you can:.
- -Cool completely and place in (2) large freezer bags and freeze:.
- -Place in a crock pot for several hours.
- -Put in a baking dish and bake at 350 for an hour and a half.
- If frozen, thaw and cook following step 2 or 3.
I cant get my hubby to stop eating it!
Awesome recipe! This is one of my favorite baked bean recipes ever. We served this at my DH's 60th surprise birthday party and it was a huge hit with everyone. I
Another good recipe from SI! I made two bags and plunked them in the freezer. This weekend I put one bag in an 8x8 pan and baked. The texture was dry but the taste was good. Next time I will bake with a foil cover.