Recipe by DustyPyatt
A must try! There are tons of recipes for baked beans but these will really stand out and how great...they freeze beautifully! I call them 3 way because you can really use any 3 kinds of beans you like. AND once combined you have 3 options to choose what to do with them. I adapted this recipe to suit my family and the freezer. The original is from Beyond Macaroni and Cheese.
- 1 lb turkey, ground
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cups great northern beans
- 2 cups kidney beans
- 2 cups pinto beans
- 2 cups honey barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat and onion together.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- At this point you can:.
- -Cool completely and place in (2) large freezer bags and freeze:.
- -Place in a crock pot for several hours.
- -Put in a baking dish and bake at 350 for an hour and a half.
- If frozen, thaw and cook following step 2 or 3.