Zuppa Di Pesce Fish Soup
photo by 489934
- Ready In:
- 7 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (enough to coat bottom of pan)
- 28 ounces canned whole tomatoes
- 14 ounces water (1/2 can)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- 12 pitted black olives (flatten with side of knife to remove pits)
- 2 lbs cod fish fillets, fresh or frozen cut into large chunks (or haddock or other white fish fillets- may use only 1 pound for economy)
- Start garlic in cold pan coated with olive oil. Cook 30 secs over medium heat, then add the onions. Cook 3 minutes until onions are tender.
- Add tomatoes and water. Break up tomatoes with a potato masher. Simmer covered 10 minutes.
- Add basil, pepper, capers, parsley and olives. Cook covered 10 minutes.
- Add cod and cook covered 20 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- Serve with Italian bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My mother and maternal grandmother are both excellent cooks and I've inherited their love of cooking and baking. I like trying new things, from a simple comforting dish to a more elaborate meal. I hope you enjoy the recipes I've posted!</p>