Wild Rice Brussels Sprouts and Smoked Gouda Salad
photo by soveria
- Ready In:
- 1 cup wild rice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb Brussels sprout, trimmed of outer leaves and base, thinly shaved crosswise
- 1 cup smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 1 cup craisins, chopped into smaller bits
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, slivered
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- In large saute pan, heat olive oil on medium. Add brussels sprouts, season with salt and pepper to taste, and saute until tender and lightly browned, 8-10 minutes.
- In a bowl, stir cooked rice, sprouts, and all other remaining ingredients. Mix until cheese is melted and everything is nicely mixed. If too thick, add a little water to thin it out. Season with more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve warm/right away, 3/4 cup per person.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!