Wienerschnitzle Ala Wolfgang Puck
photo by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
- Ready In:
- Preheat oil to 375 degrees F. in a heavy, deep saucepan.
- Beat eggs with 2 T water to make an egg wash.
To prepare Wienerschnitzle:
- Pound out the cutlets if necessary.
- Season the veal cutlets with salt and pepper.
- Score the coat the veal cutlets with four shallow knife cuts in a cross-hatch pattern to help prevent curling while cooking.
- Dredge in flour. Dip in egg wash. Coat with crushed panko crumbs. *You may need more flour and panko crumbs.
- Deep fry about 2-3 minutes PER SIDE, or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Replenish oil as necessary.
- Panko (Japanese) bread crumbs can be found in the Asian aisle/ market to often times with "regular" bread crumbs. I highly recommend using panko. They are lighter & much crunchier than standard bread crumbs. To crush, pour them in the food processor and give a quick whirl or in a ziploc bag and run over them with a rolling pin.
- I would recommend slicing each cutlet in half to ease in cooking.
- The cutlets should be sliced very thinly. If not you may have to use a meat mallet to tenderize and pound flatter.
- I serve with basmati rice, lemon wedges and recipe#390832.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi there! Originally CHICAGOLAND CHEF DU JOUR, I like to think of myself as a fantastic home cook with a flair for the gourmet. I have gotten & shared many recipes since I became a member in 2007. Although I have not been active in a few years, I still return to look for recipes from some of my fave chefs. Thanks to all you have helped me over the years and thanks a bunch to any and all reviews.