Turkey Ginger Meatball Soup
photo by Linajjac
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 ground turkey
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 inch piece fresh gingerroot
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 10 cups stock (turkey, chicken or vegetable)
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 3 carrots (julienned)
- 2 large parsnips (ribboned)
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 1 red chili
- chili oil
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- To make the meatballs put the onion, garlic, ginger and parsley in the food processor until finely chopped. Stir in the ground turkey, parmesan, egg and salt and pepper.
- Shape the mixture into balls, about one tablespoon each, and bake on a greased baking sheet at 400°F for about 15-18 minutes. Your thermometer should read 165°F in the center of the meatballs.
- Put the stock, vegetables and bay leaves in a large pot and bring to a simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add the meatballs to the stock and simmer for another 5 minutes. Check the seasoning and add extra salt if necessary.
- Serve each bowl with a drizzle of chili oil and sliced chili pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!