- Ready In:
- 1 pie crust
- 5 roma tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped plus more for optional garnish
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (not miricle whip)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450*.
- Fit pastry into pie plate and line with foil to prevent burning.
- Bake for 5-8 minute.
- Remove foil and bake 5-8 minute longer or until crust is set and just beginning to brown.
- Reduce oven temp to 375*.
- Meanwhile slice tomatoes and place on paper towel to drain.
- Sprinkle 3/4 cup mozerella on crust.
- Place tomatoes over mozerella.
- Combine basil and garlic and sprinkle over tomatoes.
- Stir together remaining 3/4 cup mozerella,mayo, parmesan, salt and pepper to taste then spoon on top garlic,/basil layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until edges are brown and cheese is bubbly.
- If necessary, shield edges of crust with foil to prevent burning.
- If desired, garnish with more basil.
- Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have lived in the Midwest all my life. I married my husband in 1985, Best thing I have ever done besides having OUR 3 daughters!!! I was a stay at home mom to our girls, then went to work part time at the school district when they got older and I am still there. My favorite things to do is to watch my girls play sports, hang out with friends and family and LOVE riding on our Harley! I collect cookbooks, recipes and absolutely love RECIPEZAAR!! When I am bored I usually "read" my cookbooks or hop on the internet and find new recipes to try.