Toblerone Chocolate Mousse
photo by Sara 76
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 5mins
- 300 g Toblerone chocolate bars
- 300 ml thickened cream
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave. Melt in 30 second intervals and stir after each 30 seconds, even if it does not look like it needs it, give it a stir.
- Place cream in a large bowl and beat until thick and well beaten. Do not under beat as you need the weight of the thick cream to ensure a good mousse.
- Place 2 spoonfuls of cream into the melted chocolate, stir until incorporated.
- Pour all the chocolate mixture into the cream and gently fold through.
- Place spoonfuls into 6 small bowls or champagne glasses.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Top with a little extra cream and an additional toblerone triangle on each serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
WOW! There is a saying "Way to a Man's Heart Really Through His Stomach'. My husband is a huge chocolate mousse fan, so I couldn't wait to try this recipe. It's so easy to make (only two ingredients) and the results were excellent. Great cheat recipe without doing too much work. I like the fact that I didn't even have to use egg whites (I don't eat eggs). I'm sure you could use any type of chocolate for this recipe, however the Toblerone really tasted nice. The only thing I notice from chocolate mousse that use egg whites and this chocolate mousse was it was thicker in texture, but the taste wasn't compromised. Thank you cookingpompom for posting your recipe.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><br />As a toddler, my nic-name was Pompom (my Poppy had a golf hat with a pompom and it was one of my first words, and it stuck as my nic name). My Poppy has long since passed, but I fondly remember him every time I log on. I'm a stay at home mum of four aged: 10, 8, 7 and almost 6. I have a severe egg allergy and am lactose intolerant, I enjoy working out ways to still enjoy food minus eggs and milk. I have been married for 14 years and have one very happy and well fed hubby.<br />My goal is to try one new recipe a week, for the past 8 years have achieved this. I own over 300 cookbooks, but no longer purchase them - but regularly print out recipes to try later.<br />When I am not cooking, I am busy household of 6 and going to the gym (to work off the wonderful calories I consumed the day before) and helping at school and church.<br />My philosophy in life is: as we have to eat, we may as well eat well.</p>