Tilapia Baked in Couscous
base on recipe from rachel ray everday - Couscous steams right along with the fish in this delicious one-dish meal. Substitute any thin, delicate white fish, such as red snapper or sole, for the tilapia.
- Ready In:
- 1 (10 ounce) box couscous
- 3⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice plus 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 4 (8 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 4 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine the couscous, almonds, sun-dried tomatoes, onion and cumin and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in the 1/4 cup olive oil and the lemon juice.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Arrange the tilapia fillets in a single layer in the dish, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cover the fish with the couscous mixture and arrange the lemon slices on top. Pour 2½ cups water around the fish, cover with foil and bake until tender, about 25 minutes. Top with the parsley.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation