These are the best Oatmeal Cookies.
photo by -Sylvie-
- Ready In:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a cookie sheet.
- Beat sugars, shortening, egg, vanilla and milk until smooth.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add all at once to the shortening mixture.
- Add oats; mix well.
- Drop by teaspoons, and about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until light brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I don't know how someone could find these to be heavy! Mine were light and crispy with a light chewiness to them. I used a hand mixer on medium-high speed for all stages (I was in a hurry), so maybe that made them lighter. I used half quick oats and half old-fashioned. I added 1/4 cup butterscotch chips and 3/4 cup semi-sweet chips, making the cookies taste like light, crispy chocolate chip cookies. Also added a scant 1/2 tsp butter flavoring to the shortening for a nice buttery flavor. I will definitely make these again. Thanks!