The Best Ground Beef Tacos on the Planet.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 5 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 -2 cup water
- in a large skillet, cook the diced onion for about 3-4 minutes on medium heat, just until they start to go translucent.
- Add the ground beef and cook until it is nearly, but not quite, all browned.
- Add the minced garlic and continue cooking until the ground beef is completely browned through.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, including enough water to ensure the spices get evenly distributed throughout the mixture, but not so much that it's going to take forever to cook off.
- Simmer until the tomatoes are cooked through and the mixture is dry enough to put in a taco shell. - How dry that is, is completely up to you and your taste!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!