Thai Butternut Squash Soup
- Ready In:
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and cubed
- 1 mango (optional)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 (13 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 stalks lemongrass, cut into large chunks
- 1 chili pepper, chopped
- Peel the squash, remove seeds and cut into large cubes together with the carrot.
- Heat the oil and cook the onione with garlic and ginger until soft, but not browned.
- Add the squash, carrots and lemongrass, just cover with vegetable stock, bring to boil and cook on low power until squash is tender. Add the mango and chilli sometime during the cooking.
- Add the coconut milk and curry powder, cream using a food processor or a handheld blender until smooth. Take out any stubborn lemongrass pieces ;).
- Heat again and season to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!