Texas Travis' Best Brisket Love-Rub.
photo by donniestaggs
- Ready In:
- 12hrs 5mins
- 5 tablespoons paprika (If you can find it use Smoked Hungarian)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic (Garlic Powder)
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 4 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried chipotle powder (Chipotle' chili powder)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Mix all ingredients well, and apply liberally to brisket. Smoke brisket over hardwood for 12-14 hours in a 225 degree smoker. (depending on size)
- *Rember when you cut the brisket to cut it across the grain, and DONT put sauce on it, serve the sauce on the side!
- Serve with an ice cold beer, because everything tastes better with a good craft beer!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!