Sweet Potato Boats With Roasted Tomato Sauce
- Ready In:
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 3 cups grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus 1/3 cup
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup almonds
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Place sweet potatoes on one of the prepared baking sheets and bake for 40-50 minutes or until tender and cooked through.
- Spread the garlic, shallots and tomatoes evenly on the second baking sheet and drizzle over 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper then roast for 20-25 minutes or until tomatoes are jammy.
- Remove tomatoes from the oven and transfer to a blender with 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, tomato paste and almonds. Puree until smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk to combine parsley, 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, 1/3 cup olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve place sweet potato on a plate or serving platter and make a cut through the center of each. Open the tops and use a fork to lightly mash the potatoes. Spoon over a portion of the tomato sauce, add a dollop of cottage cheese and a drizzle of parsley sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Food, cooking, surfing, wine, travel and fitness is what chef Dan Churchill lives for. Born in Sydney, Australia, Dan now resides in New York City where his mission is to make people happy through food.