Sweet and Spicy Nuts
- Ready In:
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (3/4 stick)
- 1⁄2 cup golden brown sugar (Packed)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups walnut halves
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 2 cups whole almonds
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Spray large baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add next 8 ingredients; stir until sugar dissolves, about 1 minute.
- Add all nuts; stir until butter mixture coats nuts thickly, about 2 minutes.
- Spread nut mixture in single layer on prepared sheet.
- Bake until nuts are glazed and deep brown, stirring often, about 25 minutes.
- Cool nuts completely on sheet, stirring occasionally.
- (Can be made 1 week ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.).
- Makes 6 cups.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I joined Food.com when the site was RecipeZaar, April 24, 2001. This site has been a favorite with me for many years now with its unique features and especially for the many, many dear friends I have met here. If you are a new visitor, I hope you will stop for a while and check us out. I hope you will find it as special as I have.