photo by ncmysteryshopper
- Ready In:
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough
- 7 ounces gorgonzola, Crumbled
- 7 ounces mozzarella cheese, Slice
- 1 1⁄2 cups spinach, Sauteed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh rosemary
- coarse salt
- Thaw dough.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Divide the dough into two.
- On a floured surface, either pat down or roll into two 10-11 inch circles.
- Place one circle on an oiled cookie sheet, and then sprinkle the cheese evenly over its surface.
- Spread the spinach across the top, and then cover with the remaining circle.
- Using your fingertips, gently press the edges together.
- Create dimples across the top surface using your fingertips, and drizzle over with the oil. Sprinkle the salt and rosemary on top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
- Variation: Try stuffing the focaccia with thinly sliced tomatoes and basil leaves, shredded cooked ham and Fontina cheese, or simply a mixture of your favorite Italian cheeses.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was the star of the show for one of our appetizer evenings. I used half a loaf of dough and made smaller circles as I was serving other dishes. DH wished I had made more of this. I lightly sauteed the spinach with garlic unril barely wilted and added fresh sliced mushrooms. This one is a definite keeper. Thanks Saturn!
see 4 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am the Document Administrator for an engineering firm here in Sarnia. I am quite happy with the position and think I'll be there for a long, long time. It's nice to finally be settled in a job.</p> <p>I am married to a wonderful man who takes great care of me. My two teenage sons from my previous marriage love and adore him as well. Things are wonderful at home.</p> <p>As I am working full time, I don't have as much time to cook the fantastic meals that I would love to. Instead, we end up cooking a lot of quick, somewhat-healthy meals.</p>