Strawberry Yogurt Pound Cake
This pound cake doesn't use the traditional pound of butter, it only uses half a cup! But you can definitely taste the butter in it, it's delicious and moist. Top with fruit, use in a trifle, or just have a plain slice with coffee.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 (6 ounce) carton non-fat strawberry yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- Heat oven to 325°.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, the baking powder and salt, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl at medium speed, beat together the butter and the sugar until it's light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs,the yogurt and extract until well blended.
- Reduce mixer speed to low.
- Add the flour mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, beating just until blended.
- Spread evenly in a greased and floured 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- Bake in about 70 minutes,until cake tester inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I tried this recipe coz I had strawberry yogurt that was almost expired and didn't want to throw it. I was so surprised it turned out really delicious. My husband likes it a lot and now I am making a new one and give to my brother tomorrow. This time I will lessen my sugar because my brother doesn't like sweet. I would recommend you to try this simple recipe that tastes so good!