Spice Bundt Cake
photo by Chef Gorete
- Ready In:
- Preheat the oven to 325°F Spray a 10-cup Bundt pan generously with non-stick baking spray.
- Whisk the flour with ginger, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs well. Whisk in canola oil, then sugar and molasses. Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and stir well. Add hot water and stir well.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan. Bake 45 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the centre comes out clean. Let cool in the pan on a rack 10 minutes.
- Flip the cake out onto a rack set over a baking sheet. Let cake cool for another 5 minutes, then poke deep holes all over the cake using a long skewer. Drizzle glaze all over cake, trying to get some into each hole, and brushing the glaze so it covers the entire surface of the cake. Serve warm or let cool completely.
- To make the Lemon Glaze, whisk the icing sugar with the lemon juice until smooth.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!