Skillet Caramelized Parsnips
photo by Travis F.
- Ready In:
- After peeling the parsnips, cut them into sticks the size of your pinkie finger.
- Dry off any moisture with a paper towel or sacking cloth.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat then add the parsnips, tossing to coat.
- Sprinkle the parsnips with the nutmeg.
- Cover the skillet tightly with a lid and cook the parsnips over medium heat for approximately 10 minutes or until the parsnips reach a golden brown color. All stoves are different so if it looks like the parsnips may be cooking too quickly, lower the heat.
- Add the water, place the lid back on the skillet and steam until the water has evaporated and the parsnips are golden, tender and caramelized.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!