Simple, Not Mushy, Asparagus
photo by cipherbabe
- Ready In:
- Rinse and trim asparagus.
- Lay the spears, in the same direction, in a large frying pan.
- Add an inch or two of water and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce temperature and simmer for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from pan and top with butter and salt.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I know that a lot of people are against microwaves especially using plastic products in them however, I have been using Ziplock Zip 'N Steam bags for years for my asparagus (as well as other vegetables and even fish); In under 3 minutes on high, the asparagus comes out crisp and delicious with a bright green colour. Also works particularly well with broccoli, beans and sprouts. You may have a hard time finding them but WalMart normally carries them.