Sesame Teriyaki Skewers (Chicken on a Stick)
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 15 ounces teriyaki sauce
- 6 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for 1 hour to keep from burning later.
- Mix all marinade ingredients together in a non-reactive container large enough to hold all of the chicken.
- Cut chicken into 1/2-inch strips and submerge them in the marinade, cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Thread 1 chicken strip on each skewer towards end of the stick, and line up on a sheet pan.
- Place in oven and bake for about 30 minutes, or until fully cooked through.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Just made these and WOW - Great. I usually will not rate an item, unless I follow it exactly, but - making an exception this time.<br/><br/>The only changes - I didn't have sesame seeds and I grilled instead of baked.<br/><br/>On the grill - these are awesome :). The sesame seed oil makes them just a little crispy.<br/><br/>Will make these again - thank you for posting.