Serrage Poulet (British Indian Ocean Territory)
photo by GiddyUpGo
- Ready In:
- 4 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 inch gingerroot, grated
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- handful of chopped cilantro
- Coat the chicken cubes with the seasonings.
- Heat the oil over a medium flame, then add the chicken and cook until evenly browned.
- Pour in the coconut milk and add the cinnamon sticks. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and continue to cook until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over white rice, garnished with cilantro.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a mother of two with another one on the way! I am married to an Englishman and we own a small business in our local area. We live in a very small town called Rough and Ready (yes there really is a place called Rough and Ready!) I am a part-time writer and full time mom. My kids were born 15 months apart and keep me so busy I barely have enough time to cook and no time at all for my other passion, horseback riding. I once had four horses but am down to two; my Arab mare Argo and old Denver. Both of them spend the vast majority of their time standing around in my back yard eating hay. I get to feed them and look at them, but until my kids are all in school (and I stop having more kids) that's about it. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">