Scottish Caramel Shortbread
- Ready In:
- Make dough from the flour with 150 gram butter and 75 gram sugar.
- Roll the mixture out into a large rectangle in an oven dish.
- Bake 20 minutes at 165 degrees.
- Boil the rest of the butter, the rest of the sugar and the cream (stir well all the time!) on a medium high fire until it begins to turn brown.
- Spread it over the cookie rectangle.
- Melt the chocolate with one tablespoon cream.
- Make patterns on top of the caramel with a spoon (see picture).
- Cut the cookie-rectangle into 30 smaller rectangles.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My Family and I moved to South Africa at the beginning of 2007 to be missionaries. My Husband is the Pastor of a church in Eden Park, a township in the Jo'burg area. We are having a great time. My kids love it (3 of them, 1 born here). We have got to do many exciting things( pet lion cubs, feed giraffes, eat Zebra(gross!)and other meats(Warthog was surprisingly the best, go figure) and swim on a beach with penguins, to name a few). I have always loved to bake but just got into cooking since moving over here. There were a lot of things I couldn't find over here(and still can't) that we were wanting so I started searching for good recipes for everything from sausage, salad dressing and root beer,to enchilada sauce, Macayo's baja sauce(posted), and Applebees hot wings! A fellow missionary turned me on to this site and My husband got me a membership for this last birthday. I am loving it!