Runzas (Cabbage Burgers)
- Ready In:
- 1 -2 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 cups cabbage, shredded
- butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb white bread dough
- 1 -2 cup mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Brown the ground beef with the onion. Drain the grease.
- In another pan, saute shredded cabbage in butter or margarine.
- Combine the meat and cabbage, adding salt and pepper.
- Roll out the dough. Make sure you roll the dough out thin or else the runzas will be all bread when you bite into them.
- Cut into 7" or 8" squares.
- Put some cabbage-meat mixture in the center of each square.
- Top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Bring the corners together; dampen the edges so they are secure.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I LOVE to bake! I love it even more when I don't have to clean up afterwards. When I cook something, especially a traditional recipe like green bean casserole, I like to find that one ingredient that makes it go BAM!</p>