Roxstarbakes Swiss Meringue Buttercream
photo by roxstarbakes
- Ready In:
- 210 g egg whites
- 400 g granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cubed (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 pinch salt
- Bring ½ cup of water to a simmer.
- Whisk together egg whites and sugar.
- Place mixing bowl over simmering water and continue whisking and mix for about 3-5 minutes.
- Rub mixture between fingers and stop if sugar is dissolved. Continue mixing until fully dissolved or get mixture to 160˚F.
- Wipe the bottom of the bowl and then transfer to a mixing bowl with a whisk attachment (if you’re using a mixer).
- Mix on high until the bowl is room temperature (about 15 minutes) and add salt (the peaks should be stiff).
- Switch to paddle attachment turn onto medium speed, add cubes one at a time until each is incorporated.
- Keep beating until thick.
- Add vanilla and beat 1 more minute.
- Note: If the mixture looks lumpy keep going. This can vary based on your climate based on time of year.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!