Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cake - Use up That Halloween Candy!
photo by limeandspoontt
- Ready In:
24 pieces of cake
FOR THE CAKE
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄4 cup water, extra water
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding, the small box
- 10 Reese's Peanut Butter cups, broken into chunks
FOR THE FROSTING
- 1 (1 lb) box powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 cup Reese's pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the pan that you plan to use with nonstick spray (see box for pan size).
- Mix cake ingredients as per directions on the box plus the 1/4 cup of the extra water.
- Add in the peanut butter cup chunks.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes. Cool.
- Blend icing ingredients together and spread on cake.
- Sprinkle Reese's Pieces on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My husband just loved this cake. It's very moist, but a bit too sweet for my taste. I don't matter though, since any baking I do, I do for my husband. LoL! I did have to make a modification in regards to the icing. I never buy Cool Whip, so I used the cream cheese and added 4 tblsp. of butter along with some milk and whipped it for a few minutes. Good idea for those leftover Reese's candies. :)