Red Lobster's Crab Au Gratin
I received an email today from Recipe Robot and this is one of the featured recipes.
- Ready In:
- 8 tablespoons butter, 1 stick
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk, scalded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 12 ounces crabmeat
- 1 cup cracker, finely crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, finely grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crumble crackers between waxed paper with a rolling pin. Reserve just enough crumbs and cheese to top the casserole.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of the butter in a large heavy skillet. Add onion and saute for about 5 minutes or until golden. Slowly add flour, stirring constantly over low heat. When flour is blended, gradually add hot milk (scalded) and blend with a whip. Continue stirring over low heat until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Add salt, pepper, and sherry and continue stirring in a bowl.
- Mix crab meat, sauce and the extra cracker crumbs and cheese. Place in a lightly greased baking dish. Sprinkle reserved cracker crumbs and cheese on the top of the casserole. Dot the top with the remaining 4 tablespoons butter.
- Bake uncovered for about 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION