Quick Tortilla Pizzas
photo by CJAY8248
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 ounce) garbanzo beans, well drained
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can tuna packed in oil
- 1 onion, small, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 jalapeno pepper, deseeded and finely sliced (fresh or canned)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, coarse ground
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried (or use dried basil)
- 4 tomatoes, ripe, chopped (discard the juices which run out)
- 4 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 pinch sugar
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- Heat oven to 250 deg F.
- Drain the tuna lightly in a sieve: you need a little oil for taste.
- Flake the tuna and with a fork lightly mix in the beans, chopped onion, mayonnaise, chopped jalapeno, pepper and oregano.
- In a separate bowl mix the chopped tomato and tomato sauce, pinch sugar, and a pinch salt.
- Spray an oven tin with nonstick spray, or grease lightly.
- Put the 4 tortillas on the tin, and divide the beans-tuna mixture among them, spreading but not quite to the edges.
- Top with the tomato mixture, also spread lightly.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup grated cheddar over each tortilla.
- Heat through in oven until the cheese melts and the tortilla pizzas are warm. Remove with a pizza spatula or egg remover to heated plates. Serve with a green, dressed salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I'm sorry. This just didn't do it for us. The tuna overpowered everything. The amount of tuna mixture made it real hard to pick up even after cutting it in fourths. I baked them for 10 minutes and the cheese was melted and the tuna was warm. I wish this would have turned out better because I really liked the idea. Made for Dining On A Dollar 2010.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a widow, retired, and I love cooking. I live on the coast in South Africa and I love seafood. You're welcome to my recipes (all kinds, definitely not just seafood!) Just remember that no recipe is ever cast in stone -- adjust to your taste! The photo was taken at a rustic seaside restaurant on our West Coast, approx 1 year ago (2016).