Quick Sauteed Asparagus - Hcg Friendly
- Ready In:
- 2 cups fresh asparagus, cleaned and trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice only
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, to taste
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, to taste
- Add asparagus in a saute pan along with water over medium heat.
- Stir frequently, for approximately 2 -3 minutes.
- Add remaining spices, squeezed juice of half lemon and more water if needed; cover and cook for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
Join The Conversation
Delicious! The only modification was to use a microwave method and omitted the water. I rinsed the asparagus and broke off the woody ends then broke the asparagus three more times so each piece was about 1-2 inches long. I put the aparagus, lemon juice, minced garlic and spices in a glass bowl, covered with saran wrap and microwaved for 1 1/2 minutes. Took out of the microwave, removed the saran (be careful, do not burn yourself with the steam), stirred and put back in the microwave for another 30 seconds. My asparagus was thin so it took only two minutes total, thicker ones will probably take three minutes. Yummy! The seasoning was perfect but, I LOVE spicy food!
Excellent way to cook asparagus! I like the garlic/lemon flavor it adds to a already delicious vegetable, I did omit the red pepper flakes as they don't agree with me ;>) other than that made as written, thanks for posting this great recipe. Made for Mommy Diva's Cook-A-Thon 2012 ~ Fight Like a Girl!