Quick Baked Beans with Bacon
photo by Sharlene~W
- Ready In:
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped (1 pound)
- 3 (28 ounce) cans boston-style baked beans
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- In 6-quart pan over medium-high heat, stir bacon often until browned and crisp, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove to paper towel and drain all but 1 1/2 tablespoons fat in pan.
- Add onions to pan and stir often until they begin to brown and stick to bottom of pan, 7 to 9 minutes.
- Add beans and their liquid, catsup, brown sugar, dry mustard,and cooked bacon; mix well.
- Pour into a shallow 3-quart casserole.
- Bake beans, uncovered, in a 350°F oven until they are bubbling in the center, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in the San Francisco area and love it here. I discovered Recipezaar (then Food.com..Genius Kitchen) in 2001 and have been so happy to have my favorite recipes stored safely here. I am mother to 7 and grandmother to 7. I love to knit, smock, sew, etc., but my favorite hobby of the moment is traditional rug hooking. This is a sample of what I do.? It's called "November".? I dyed most of the wool myself. It is made from wool flannel, cut into strips a little less than 1/4" and then worked into a linen backing. This is my 3rd rug.