Potet Klub (Norwegian Potatoes) (Could Be Gluten-Free)
- Ready In:
- Peel the potatoes. Using a cheese grater, grate the potatoes and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Using a KitchenAide or other stand mixer, Add the flour one cup at a time until the potatoes are not sticky and are able to handle. You may need to add more or less flour, depending on how sticky the potatoes may become.
- Form the potatoes and roll up into a ball about the size of a tennis ball. This should make about 6 balls.
- In a large pot, boil the potatoes in salted water for about 20 minutes or until soft when poked with a fork.
- Remove them from the water and allow to cool for about 10 minutes or so. Slice the potatoes into good bite-size pieces.
- Heat a large skillet and add the 3 tbsp of olive oil or butter and add the sliced potatoes and fry until golden brown and salt and pepper for taste.
- Add the canned milk and cook in the potatoes until the milk has evaporated into the potatoes. These go really well with a roast or a ham and add a vegetable and you have a delicious meal!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I was thrilled to see this!! I come froma large Scandinavian family, and this is very much a favorite. Our recipe is very similar to this. I would like to add that Klub is traditionally served with a little bacon grease poured on top... also, much of the family (myself included) enjoy it with a side of cardamom cream sauce. mmm! mmm!