photo by ColoradoCooking
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons butter (room temp)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus additional flour for rolling and dusting
- Boil potatoes until tender. Drain well and return to pan and stir over low heat, a few minutes, to dry the potatoes, being careful not to brown them.
- Mash potatoes using a potato ricer, and place in heavy-duty electric mixer bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the flour for rolling and dusting, mix well.
- Blend together to form a nonsticky dough.
- Knead and form in a smooth log. Divide into 24 pieces.
- Roll each piece into a 8-10" circle.
- Turn the lefse as you roll it and keep it well coated with flour to prevent sticking.
- The dough is soft, but try to use as little flour as possible.
- Preheat an electric griddle or frying pan to 375 degrees, or use a griddle or frying pan over medium heat. Lightly grease with oil.
- Shake excess flour off each circle of lefse and place it in the pan.
- It will start to bubble; cook until the bubbles are lightly browned, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- With a spatula, turn and cook the other side.
- Stack the lefse on a wire rack as they are cooked, or wrap them in foil and keep warm in a 200 degree oven.
- They can be frozen and quickly reheated in the frying pan or on the griddle.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Yikes!! My daughter had fun in PaintShop Pro!! What she can do with a picture. My husband and I live in the "bush" and hour from the closest town. Life here is quiet, yet so much more busy than when we lived in the "city". We grow our own veggies, several kinds of berries, and grow lots of hard neck organic garlic. We have 60 chickens, 4 dogs, 1 cat, 1 bird. Quite the menagerie. I make all my own breads, and sell them (along with the eggs). I have a group of friends whom I make extra goodies for. http://www.quizmeme.com/poohpersonality/quiz.php <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp340/northwestgal/redbannercopy.jpg" border="0" alt="New Kids Participation Banner"> <img src="http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e110/flower753/Food/soup_banner.jpg"> <img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/590105/hcabc.jpg> <img src="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/AM%20Banners/KBparticipation.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Participation.jpg"> <img src ="http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u208/diner_photos/lazymecookathon.jpg"> <img src="http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z205/jubespage/GGtiedyesmall.gif" > <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/participantbannerzwt5.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">