Pizza Stuffed Potatoes (Twice Baked)
Such a kid pleaser! A lot healthier for you than traditional pizza. This makes a nice lunch/light supper for the family, or double it to feed more! Note: chill time included in prep time.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 4 potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup pepperoni, sliced and divided
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 cup low fat mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Clean potatoes and pierce with a fork.
- Bake 45 minutes.
- Chill on counter for 20 minutes.
- Cut potatoes in half and scoop out flesh, leaving 1/4in thick shell with skin.
- Set flesh aside.
- Chop 1/4 of pepperoni.
- Cut remaining pepperoni slices in half, set aside.
- In a med bowl, mash together potato flesh, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Stir in chopped pepperoni.
- Spoon mixture back into shells evenly and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Top with pizza sauce, mushrooms, green pepper slices, remaining pepperoni, mozzarella and parmesan.
- Bake until heated through, about 15 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
EPIC POTATOES!!! I made these minus the mushrooms. Just not a fan of mushrooms. I also goofed and forgot the sauce in the filling. This did not matter. I heated the sauce and poured it on top. Possibly the greatest potato dish I've had. The pizza flavor didn't overtake the potato and the potato didn't overtake the pizza. I give 5 stars even with my accidental tweak because these were a hit with everyone at the table. Also really good reheated for lunch the next day. Best part, GLUTEN FREE.
I made only one potato for me and my daughter. (She's 33, she's still my kid) This was our lunch today. We loved it! I used turkey pepperoni and red bell pepper cuz I was out of green. Her's was without mushrooms. This is so easy to prepare but the time to cook seems forever. I can see wanting to cook the potatoes in the microwave except that the skin doesn't come out nice and crisp. This was a really nice change for a good and satisfying lunch. Made for "Top Favorite 2009 Recipes". Thanks for posting. :)