- Ready In:
- 1 lb prepared pizza dough
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained, seeded, and chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 ounces mozzarella cheese, ball thinly sliced into 8 pieces
- 6 black olives, pitted and halved
- 8 -10 fresh basil leaves
- On lightly floured surface, roll out pizza dough into 12 inch circle. Transfer it to a pizza stone or pan.
- Spread tomatoes over dough, sprinkle with salt, and drizzle with 2 tbsp of the olive oil. Arrange the cheese and olives on top.
- Bake in 475 degree F oven, until golden and bubbly, about 15-18 minutes. Sprinkle with basil leaves and drizzle with the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil.
Join The Conversation
This was a great recipe. I've been looking for a Margherita pizza like the one we had in Phoenix and this came really close! Hubby loved it but informed me that I accidentally left off the olives (he loves olives and I don't) I used fresh tomatoes and added thinly sliced red onions. Made for PAC 2011. Thanks for sharing this recipe.