Philadelphia Style Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
photo by Marie Nixon
- Ready In:
1 1/2 quarts
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed Oreo cookies
- Crush the Oreo cookies by placing them in a plastic bag and using the heel of your hand to crush them.
- Using a wire whisk or hand mixer, mix milk and sugar until the sugar dissolves, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream and vanilla extract.
- Pour into ice cream maker and churn for about 15 -20 minutes or according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Add crushed Oreo cookies to ice cream and churn for additional 5 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am married and mother to an adult son, two rescue dogs; a small pug mix and a young Yorkshire Terrier. I prefer baking to cooking. I have a wonderful husband who will clean-up after I do the cooking.